Oculus Connect Announcements May Set It Above Competition
During Oculus Connect, the annual Oculus developer conference, Facebook CEO Mark Zuckerberg debuted new social experiences coming to the Rift, revealed the release date of its Touch controllers, announced room scale capabilities, and WebVR support. While the 2016 Industry Report reveals HTC Vive is currently ahead of Oculus Rift in unit sales, Oculus' latest announcements may give Oculus an advantage heading into the holiday season.
Google Reveals Daydream View: Will It Compete with Samsung Gear VR?
Google revealed the highly anticipated Daydream View headset during its Oct. 4 event. There are two features that station Google Daydream View as a competitor to Samsung Gear VR: the remote control and the NFC chip. The handheld controller is more intuitive than the temple trackpad on the Samsung Gear VR, and the NFC chip immediately directs the phone to open Daydream’s VR platform mobile app, which uses sensor technology to track the position of the phone and display an image that corresponds to the phone’s placement.
Top Industry News
- The 8 biggest stories from Oculus Connect 3 The Verge
- 6 Things You Might Have Missed From OC3 Keynote Upload VR
- Oculus to Support WebVR Through New VR Browser Road to VR
- Facebook VR Investment Jumps by $250M CNET
- Google Reveals Daydream View Headset for the Masses Wired
- Daydream to Include J.K. Rowling Experience, Netflix Road to VR
- Snapchat Reportedly Preparing For $25B IPO Tech Times
- VCs invest record $500M in AR VR in Q3 Venture Beat
- Sony VR Expert Explains How PlayStation VR Works Time
From Greenlight Insights:
- 3 Announcements that Might Give Oculus an Edge Over HTC Vive
- Daydream: Is It Virtual Reality’s Mass-Market Savior?
- How Snapchat’s Evolution to Snap Inc Will Affect AR
Share this Post